THIS TOURNAMENT IS AN ASSOCIATION DUALS QUALIFIER FOR THE JUNIOR DIVISION, BUT IT IS OPEN TO ALL WRESTLERS. WE WILL BE WRESTLING ALL AGES AND DIVISIONS!
We are looking forward to a great turnout for the Association Duals Qualifier coming up on April 1, 2017. Our numbers have been 300+ at most of the spring tournaments, and we are expecting a good deal more for this tournament!
We will be running on a minimum of 8 mats and will be starting the kids division as close to 9:00am as possible. Everyone else will follow at 9:30am.
Please note: Weigh-ins will run from 7:30-8:30am. In an effort to get started on time, there will be no late weigh-ins allowed. Please make sure your wrestlers are there ready to be weighed in before 8:30am.
ASSOCIATION DUALS TEAM
We will have a good number of top high school coaches in OC on hand to select the Association Duals Team, which will compete at the Association Duals April 21-23. All wrestlers who wish to be considered for the team MUST wrestle in the Junior Freestyle division unless prior arrangements have been made. We will be selecting 1-2 wrestlers per weight class to join the OCWA team and with the additional funds raised we will look to help send some of the wrestlers on the team to select regional and national tournaments. For further details, please see below.
Weigh-Ins: 7:30 AM - 8:30 AM (ALL wrestlers must weigh-in on site. No late weigh-ins)
Wrestling Start Time: 9:00AM (Kids/Schoolboy) - 9:30 AM (High School/Open)
Tournament Entry Fee: $20 for one style, $30 for two
(Walk up registration only)
Weight Classes: Official weights will be used for the Junior Division plus a 2 pound weight allowance. All others will be pooled. Exhibition matches in freestyle/greco encouraged.
Junior Weight Classes: 100, 106, 113, 120, 126, 132, 138, 145, 152, 160, 170, 182, 195, 220, 285
Medals: All Champions Kids-High School will receive an OCWA Champion Shirt + Top 3 medals per weight class
Styles: Folkstyle/Freestyle + Greco Exhibition
- Kids (bracketed based on age)
- Schoolboy/Middle School (born 2002-2003)
- Cadet (born 2000-2001)
- Junior (born after 9/1/1996 plus enrolled in grades 9-12)
- Girls (high school)
Skin Checks: Mandatory at weigh-ins
*USA Cards will be required to wrestle. All wrestlers must show their card at each tournament.
**You must wrestle in the Junior Freestyle Division at the qualifier and be active in OCWA tournaments to be considered for the Association Duals Team.
ASSOCIATION DUALS TEAM DETAILS
OCWA will be taking a team of the top wrestlers in Orange County to compete in the Association Duals Tournament held the weekend of April 21. OCWA will compete against teams from other associations in the state of California. In addition to the Association Duals tournament, we will also be offering scholarships and grants to team members to compete in Regional and National events. Check out the details below:
- Wrestlers must live within the Orange County borders (some exceptions may apply with high tournament participation).
- Teams will be chosen based upon participation in the local tournaments, league standings, and who the coaches feel will best represent the association.
- Wrestlers MUST wrestle at the Association Duals Qualifier on April 1, 2017 (unless prior arrangements have been made with the Association).
- Wrestlers must be able to attend the following mandatory practices (location TBA):
- Days and times TBA
- The Association will sponsor the team to compete at the Association Duals Tournament PLUS additional sponsorships will be available to help with travel expenses to other top tournaments around the country.
- WrestlingMart will be providing the team with full uniforms (singlet, shirt, shorts).
- When: April 21-23, 2017
- Where: Liberty High School, Brentwood, CA
- Friday, April 21, 2017: Greco & Freestyle from 6-10pm (Must weigh-in as a team)
- Weight Classes: Junior weight classes plus 2 pounds *If a wrestler weighs in on Friday night, he must wrestle at least one Greco Roman match. Freestyle only wrestlers will weigh in on Saturday at 12:00 pm, on site
- Wrestling Start Time:
- Greco Roman: 8:00am Saturday
- Freestyle: Will begin immediately following Greco finals on Saturday and will continue Sunday morning at 8:00am
For further details, please visit:
All tournament placers will be considered for the OCWA Association Duals Team. We will take 1-2 wrestlers per weight class.